At Bales College we have high standards and expect hard work and dedication from our student community. Most of our students have very strong academic backgrounds and performance, however we also look for rounded personalities and a passion for learning, and so occasionally we admit students with lower academic results who are able to demonstration an exceptional attitude toward learning. The most important admission criteria is that students will be a ‘good fit’ for our student community, our rigorous admissions process is designed to ensure this.
Our standard entry points are at year 7, 9 or 12. However, entry at other year groups will also be considered, dependent upon individual circumstances.
We look for students who exhibit the following characteristics:
- a strong interest in education and learning.
- a mature approach to learning and interacting with staff and students.
- exemplary behaviour and attitude.
- a strong desire to contribute to the school community inclusive of extra-curricular activities.
- a willingness to work hard towards goals.
- Completed Application Form
- Copy of Passport Data Page
- Previous 2 years transcripts
- Proof of English (if available)
- Successful Interview with Bales College staff member
- Lower school – English requirements for lower school applicants varies dependent upon which year group you are applying to. Bales College will make an English assessment as part of your application process.
- Sixth Form – Students should hold IELTS 6.0 or equivalent. Bales College may be able to assess your level or waive this requirement based on previous qualifications.